Do we go another year of Smacked?

Piss, bitch and moan about the forum. Go ahead -- we will just ignore you!
MoCartt

Do we go another year of Smacked?

Post by MoCartt » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:28 am

Well, another year of Smacked Forum is about to be in the past.

I have one question for the remaining few active members.

Should we keep it going?

I had asked if someone else wanted to take it over. Got no takers.

I haven't done any front pages because there really doesn't seem to be any reason to poke gomers anymore because the whole Indycar thing is so lame.

I don't hear from Kahuana or Grunge and they rarely comment. So I have no idea what they want to do. Maybe they will respond to this thread.

It will be time to renew the hosting fees at the end of this month. 7 years since this version of the forum.

Any help with the $120 bucks for another year would be appreciated.That is if we keep it up.

Give me your feedback.
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Just another race track in Indiana

gerhard911

Re: Do we go another year of Smacked?

Post by gerhard911 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:40 pm

Where else are we gonna be able to say fuck Spicoli?

I luv chicken

Post by I luv chicken » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:59 pm

Fuck that shit. It's the first site I go to every day.
Where else is the honest reporting gonna happen?

Rex Karz

Post by Rex Karz » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:31 pm

I vote to let this place die. I'm spending less and less time here as OW racing is gone for me, other than F1.

It would be nice if we could migrate to somewhere else. I've virtually-known a lot of all of you assholes for 10 or 20 years now. Would like to still know you guys until we all go dirt napping.

Maybe we could all migrate over the Reddit and start a Smacked site there. Reddit has its own political sites so we could skip that. Not sure if this would work or not. I don't think there'd be any fee to set up a new Smacked there. Someone, I guess, would have to be a mod, but with Kal and Biffy gone no real need for a mod anymore. Maybe at Reddit we could get some new blood. We need it here.

Just my $0.02.
"So to everyone 45 to 65, thanks for destroying America."
Kal, July 16, 2013

grungex
Old Hippy

Post by grungex » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:32 pm

Having dumped a fair bit into this place I'd hate to see it go. Sorry I haven't been around much, but sometimes life intrudes. If we can get a few folks in at $20 each I'll do the same...
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.\n"Remember NASCAR's jet dryer explosion? That was good television. This is just sort of sad and extremely boring." --Jalopnik

gerhard911

Post by gerhard911 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:29 am

I'll throw in again just to harass Mr. Spicoli.

The Utard

Post by The Utard » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:27 pm

I could do the $20

MoCartt

Post by MoCartt » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:18 pm

Well, it appears there might be a few that want to carry on. I need to dig up my PayPal account info that I never use and I will PM Grunge, gerhard911, The Utard and any others that want to toss in some help on the fees. I will toss in $20...so we have $80 committed. Only need $120.

High-roller Spiccy should be good for the rest, right?

Also, if you have any input as to anything you think we need to do, let me know. I'm open for change.

Should we keep the politics forum? I think I know the answer to that already - it is active. Though I do believe it keeps many away. But we are upfront about it, not like the cowards at TrackForum.

And what about the private forum?

Another thing I might consider is an easier way to freshen up the front end into a newer look with a WordPress install. That would make it way easier to have a front page and even a blog (I hate that term...how about a soapbox) for others to post out front. We could make the front page open for other members to do a front page story and image.

Thoughts?

We can be the smallest forum on the 'net!

Snortin Moron

Post by Snortin Moron » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:30 pm

In for $20. PM or post the paypal details.

My hate will never die. :llamaon

grungex
Old Hippy

Post by grungex » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:35 am

MoCartt wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:18 pm
Well, it appears there might be a few that want to carry on. I need to dig up my PayPal account info that I never use and I will PM Grunge, gerhard911, The Utard and any others that want to toss in some help on the fees. I will toss in $20...so we have $80 committed. Only need $120.

High-roller Spiccy should be good for the rest, right?

Also, if you have any input as to anything you think we need to do, let me know. I'm open for change.

Should we keep the politics forum? I think I know the answer to that already - it is active. Though I do believe it keeps many away. But we are upfront about it, not like the cowards at TrackForum.

And what about the private forum?

Another thing I might consider is an easier way to freshen up the front end into a newer look with a WordPress install. That would make it way easier to have a front page and even a blog (I hate that term...how about a soapbox) for others to post out front. We could make the front page open for other members to do a front page story and image.

Thoughts?

We can be the smallest forum on the 'net!
The private/secret forum was only ever used when we were figuring out how to set up this lovely oasis, and not a single person has posted in there since January 2012 (wow, has it been that long?), so it's rather a non-issue. Politics should stay, if anyone is offended by its existence either stay out of it or fuck off. :nutkick

If you're willing to set up a Wordpress doohickey go for it! Thanks for putting up with all the hassle that goes with running this place.
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.\n"Remember NASCAR's jet dryer explosion? That was good television. This is just sort of sad and extremely boring." --Jalopnik

Snortin Moron

Post by Snortin Moron » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:00 am

Mo,

Disregard PM. Pesos sent.

XOXO,
Snorty.

The Utard

Post by The Utard » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:08 pm

Seems to have worked.

MoCartt

Post by MoCartt » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:20 pm

Got the paypal payments from grunge, gerhard, snortin' and utard.

Thanks!

Spicoli

Post by Spicoli » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:44 pm

gerhard911 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:29 am
I'll throw in again just to harass Mr. Spicoli.

me too.

although there's just not much happening. we can't even agree on anything but the fact that Trump is a fucking cunt. :TrumpKKK
You fucking moron. I so hope your insurance gets cancelled and you die alone in your Obama shit stained underwear.

Spicoli

Post by Spicoli » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:45 pm

i got no paypal but can send a check, pm me.
You fucking moron. I so hope your insurance gets cancelled and you die alone in your Obama shit stained underwear.