Time to

NeckCar ALMS Grand Sham. Most have a roof... Some don't.
Spicoli

Time to

Post by Spicoli » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:12 pm

unpimp ze auto!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1MNEqCr748

all 3. forgot how fucking cool these were :llamaon
You fucking moron. I so hope your insurance gets cancelled and you die alone in your Obama shit stained underwear.

Spicoli

Re: Time to

Post by Spicoli » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:34 am

well i guess this board is dead what the fuck wake up assholes?
You fucking moron. I so hope your insurance gets cancelled and you die alone in your Obama shit stained underwear.

MoCartt

Post by MoCartt » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:36 pm

I am awake motherfuker!

I already drive VWs. Have since '83.

I love my v wabbit.

THose were great commercials.

:drummer
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Just another race track in Indiana

I luv chicken

Post by I luv chicken » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:58 pm

How come a hot babe doesn't come with every purchase?
I had a Rabbit, a long time ago. I hated the plastic parts that kept breaking off. Crappy design on the rear cargo area.
Gearbox was crap also, notchy.
Funny thing my Porsche from later years used the same interior parts. I wondered whether they'd break also.

Spicoli

Post by Spicoli » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:39 pm

Because

Snortin Moron

Post by Snortin Moron » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:05 pm

The VW ownership experience: Wondering if your replacement door handle or replacement window regulator will break first. Pondering which is worse: German plastic or rubber. Trying to find an oil drip pan large enough to park the entire car in.

I luv chicken

Post by I luv chicken » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:33 pm

Snortin Moron wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:05 pm
The VW ownership experience: Wondering if your replacement door handle or replacement window regulator will break first. Pondering which is worse: German plastic or rubber. Trying to find an oil drip pan large enough to park the entire car in.
Ah, my VW Rabbit. Nothing like the dime sized hole developing in the intake manifold. Stalling out at every stop. Vent window lever kept popping off, and had to be reglued constantly. Rear view mirror falling off. Seat foam deteriorating and turning to powder.Shitty paint, shitty brakes.
I parked it in the yard, and turned it into a planter. Finally had it towed for scrap and got a $500 tax deduction, more than the car was worth.
Even the birds wouldn't sit and shit on it, that's how bad it was.

Spicoli

Post by Spicoli » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:01 am

I luv chicken wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:33 pm
Snortin Moron wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:05 pm
Ah, my VW Rabbit. Nothing like the dime sized hole developing in the intake manifold. Stalling out at every stop. Vent window lever kept popping off, and had to be reglued constantly. Rear view mirror falling off. Seat foam deteriorating and turning to powder.Shitty paint, shitty brakes.
I parked it in the yard, and turned it into a planter. Finally had it towed for scrap and got a $500 tax deduction, more than the car was worth.
Even the birds wouldn't sit and shit on it, that's how bad it was.

not true if convertible. :jammin #girly :monkeyfuck

MoCartt

Post by MoCartt » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:38 pm

I've had VWs since the early 80s. The early Rabbits were exactly what they were, cheap inexpensive transportation.

Snortin', the thing about those door handles and window regulator problems was they were inexpensive and easy to replace. That was the whole thinking behind VW Beetles and early Rabbits. I pretty much could fix anything on those Rabbits myself, except for engine problems, but I never really had a major engine or transmission problem. I did stay away from automatics. German automatics were not good back then.

Since the Rabbit days I've had great luck with VWs.

1992 Golf GL. Drove until '99, when I them put in a Koni/Eibach suspension. Sold it in '07 with 189,000+ miles on it.

1999 GTi. Bulletproof. One complete brake overhaul, one engine timing sensor and one cat converter that VW split the cost on sine the early model 4s had issues. That is it. Drove until 2008 and traded it in at 183,000 miles. I had put Eibach Pro-Kit springs on it and Koni sport shocks.

Current car is a 2008 Rabbit. Since I am semi-retired (about to be full) I don't as much. It has 83,000 miles on it and it is showroom new, except for the header lining starting to droop. Germans haven't figured out adhesives yet,

I bought the Rabbit because it is a sleeper car. It has the great 2.5, 20 valve engine which is really one-half of the V-10 in a Lambo. It has 175 horsepower in a 2900lb body and it is fast enough for my needs. It is only .3 a second slower than a turbo GTi of the same year. It can drink some gas if you get your foot into it.

So fuck you VW haters! What car make is perfect? And don't give me any of that Japanese nonsense. I've know people that have had Japanese cars (hello Honda and Toyota) that went in for service and came out with a new head or transmission in one of their non-mentioned warranty fixes so that the owner could say he never had any major problems. Looks good at Consumer Reports too.
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Just another race track in Indiana

Snortin Moron

Post by Snortin Moron » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:51 am

Believe it or not, over the last 45 years, besides 2 VW's, we've owned a BMW, and 3 Mercedes. The VW's made a GM car seem reliable which says a lot. The BMW was so fucking unreliable it gave me Ford flashbacks. The Ultimate Driving Machine, my ass. The Mercedes were the most reliable but that ain't saying much because when they did break it was always scary expensive. My wife used to call the Mercedes service department "the thousand dollar store." Even when I fixed it myself, the parts were 10 times more than a Chevy part. $400 wholesale cost for an alternator? Yeah, fuck this brand. Had some Japan iron too. 4 Honda's across extended family starting with my '77 Civic, moms '78 Accord, dads '83 Civic, step moms '91 Accord. Wife & I had a couple of Mitsubishis & parents also had early 1970 Toyota's. The Mitsubishis were the most trouble free followed by the 'Yota's. The Hondas had the most issues, by far, but they were the funnest to drive. Oh, wait just remembered my dad bought a 280ZX after his divorce. He only had it for 3-4 years but it was very reliable. We keep our cars nice & well maintained and try to keep them for as long as possible. Some haven't made the cut. The Germans were with us the shortest time, the BMW was gone in 18 months, the VWs and Mercedes in 3 years but one diesel Merc made it a decade and 300k. Of the Japanese, the Mistu's went the longest at 8 years but were still running strong. Just didn't have AC so they got traded/sold off when we moved to AZ. Chevy trucks have done the best. I still have my '88 short bed, it'll be 32 years old in May. Also had a Y2K Silverado for 11 years and a '99 Burb that had almost 200k and still going strong when our youngest totaled it in 2013.

The most reliable, trouble free car we've ever owned? One that, at the time, we kind of "rolled the dice on." Hold on to your hat...it's Korean. Mrs. Snorty's 2010 Kia Soul. She loves that little car like no other she's ever had and it's been absolutely fucking bulletproof. It went back to Kia once early on for a recall of the brake light switch. Done in 20 minutes and they washed the car and gave us a coupon for a free oil change. I do the oil changes/tire rotations every 5k, just did the 115k service yesterday. I drop a new air filter in every 25k and a new cabin air filter every 30k. Swap out the battery for a Walmart special when the AZ heats kills one. It is easy on tires and only just on its 3rd set of tires. Oh, and I finally had to change the original front brake pads out at 109k. Since they lasted that long, I used OEM pads that I scored for cheap on Fleabay. Lifetime fuel average of 28 MPG (she drives 90% in town) on the cheap 87 octane stuff. And we didn't "just get lucky" there are 2 more Kia's in the family, a 2012 Rio & 2013 Soul and they have been just as bulletproof and loved. So much for preconceived notions, eh?