Month o' May HATE-A-THON/SAYONARA ABC EDITON!

My series sucks less than yours!
Snortin Moron
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Month o' May HATE-A-THON/SAYONARA ABC EDITON!

Post by Snortin Moron » Wed May 16, 2018 9:07 am

See? Everyone quit caring. They should have learned from the past and closed the track like it was for WWI & WWII. Afghanistan & Iraq would have provided perfect cover for the last 17 years.

MoCartt
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by MoCartt » Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 am

The only thing that brings people to the I-500 anymore are locals out celebrating a big local event on a national holiday.

Their other non-racing events are about as big...like the concerts

The lack of interest in the rest of the racing series is proof no one cares about the actual racing.

That was again proven by the Doug Boles comment in that Star article I linked earlier.
One of the questions Boles can remember being asked the most during the first couple of years of the grand prix era was: “Now are those the same cars and same drivers who run in the Indy 500?”
The locals have no idea about a racing series.

Defender is still all in though...because Tony and family bring in some money as they sleep walk through owning a big event and a real small racing series.
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Just another race track in Indiana

Agador Spartacus

Post by Agador Spartacus » Wed May 16, 2018 5:07 pm

Looked at some video and pictures. Appears they are still dragging elementary school kids out there to learn about the Fi Hunneret. Why?

Other than Mrs. Emily Jones' Third Grade Class and Defender, plus the homeless guy still around dumpster diving in Gasoline Alley, ain't but a nobuddy thar.

My question is then, could it be the Fi Hunnneret has lost its luster?

Maybe one of Robin Miller's short track slayers he gets all Gay about and man loves himself over, well, maybe one of them boys can save er. But she look dead.

Snortin Moron

Post by Snortin Moron » Wed May 16, 2018 8:55 pm

I think it is important to remember that: it is all CART's fault.

You see, if USAC had always plodded along, drawing flies at other tracks with their half hearted reason for a season, today would look just fine by comparison. But CART DID happen. And in 20 short years, CART took the sport to such dizzying heights that it very nearly eclipsed F1. And NO AMOUNT of revisionist history by TF or Tony's toadies can change that fact.

GiveMe4GoodOnes

Post by GiveMe4GoodOnes » Wed May 16, 2018 10:59 pm

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showth ... -the-Split
Insider
Chris Paff's Avatar Join Date
Dec 2001
Anything Oreo puts out about the split will not be worth reading.. Total IRL hater
Insider
Defender's Avatar Join Date
Nov 2000
There is already a pretty good, objective and thorough book about the S word by Sigur E. Whitaker. Why do we need more? Anything Oreo publishes about it would most likely be very subjective and more propaganda than informative. Still need to read Beast and do not know enough about the work of Gurss to offer an opinion.
Insider
Dec 2001
I am a fan currently as well but rather have the 1997-2002 IRL back.. Much better racing
Insider
Dec 2001
Quote Originally Posted by Colin Grigson View Post
I would much rather have CART back. We lost a lot with the formation of the irl which continues to this day unfortunately.
Agreed, we did lose edge of your seat exciting racing
:paff :disciplepunch

Rex Karz

Post by Rex Karz » Thu May 17, 2018 7:16 am

It's now been 22 years since the very first EARL 497.5. With the passage of time comes some perspective.

If the goal of The Split was the destruction of CART, then FTG and the HG Klan succeeded.

If the goal of The Split was to make the Mindy 497.5 and the Mindy series grater than ever, then FTG and the HG Klan failed.
"So to everyone 45 to 65, thanks for destroying America."
Kal, July 16, 2013

MoCartt

Post by MoCartt » Thu May 17, 2018 8:58 am

Sounds like it is all pure eggcitement.

TF - 2018 Indianapolis 500 - Practice Day Two
Today 08:38 AM #123
THE BEAR
Insider
Join Date - Apr 2006
Posts - 4,183
Quote Originally Posted by Boweimer View Post
With the spec nature of ICR, IMO this is way to much practice. Just watching cars do nothing. I’ll tune in to qualifying but I think I’m done streaming practice.
Thank you for saying this....a couple thousand laps...and nothing.....the engines are rock solid; the cars are stuck to the track......each and every one of them
Quote Originally Posted by RTS7 View Post
It is hard to believe there are people who still think we should do an entire month of this.
It's a holdover....I suffer from it too. Yesterday afternoon I started to get quite bored. "Back in the day" there was a LOT more going on.
LOTS of cars trying to make the show. It was REALLY important to find speed or you went home and your dreams were crushed. Basically everyone out there the last two days will make the field.
Invention....the things people brought to the track attracted a crowd. Would it even fire up? Would it roll? Would the pieces fall off before it made a lap? Would the thing blow before four laps could even be run? People crowded around to see the minds of heroic mechanics do their thing. Astonished in many cases.
Tires. Offsets. Wings. Undercarriage. All wheel drive. Blown. Stock. Budget from a Credit Card over its limit. Guys bleeding in their hearts to make the show. It meant EVERYTHING.
It's different today. No need, really, to run the cars for more than a few days to trim them out consistent with the size of the pilots cajones. Not bad. Just different.
Spiked!
Yesterday 05:58 PM #91
Spike
There is no substitute.
Join Date - Aug 2002
Location - Driving the point home
Posts - 24,814

The crowd seems to be enjoying himself.

Snortin Moron

Post by Snortin Moron » Thu May 17, 2018 10:24 am

Rex Karz wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:16 am
It's now been 22 years since the very first EARL 497.5. With the passage of time comes some perspective.

If the goal of The Split was the destruction of CART, then FTG and the HG Klan succeeded.

If the goal of The Split was to make the Mindy 497.5 and the Mindy series grater than ever, then FTG and the HG Klan failed.
It was solely motivated by greed, jealousy and entitlement, pure and simple. But morans rarely if ever conceive brilliant plans, let alone execute them well. :tony :paff :commadude :wilkewank :randywank :disciplepunch :Miles :TrumpKKK

Agador Spartacus

Post by Agador Spartacus » Thu May 17, 2018 11:45 am

Astonishing they have what four, five days worth of practice for a single spec car and two tightly controlled engines. Hours and hours of the same cars just running around all day as someone pointed out.

All a façade. Then two days of contrived, oddball, made-to-get-900 extra spectators- Qualifying. And Bumping! Weeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such amazing bullshit.

If they are going to continue to have this sad fucker, then just make it a slightly extended race weekend.

Practice on Thursday. Qualify on Friday. Have their stupid, insipid, nobody-cares parade on Saturday and the race on Sunday. If it rains, fuck it. Set the field on points. For the extra entries, how about this? Around the first of May they can have an open test there and run all the cars who want to show up. Whatever their best time was, use that.

As if....................ANYBODY cares!

Honestly, why all this?

Only the Gomer Geeks get geeked about all this.

The Indy 500 is a fucking race weekend now, attended by an ever-decreasing crowd, with little national prominence. DEAL WITH IT!

Fucking Gomers.....such chronic nerd-a-bators. :smackerel

Spicoli

Post by Spicoli » Thu May 17, 2018 10:04 pm

MoCartt wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:58 am
Sounds like it is all pure eggcitement.

TF - 2018 Indianapolis 500 - Practice Day Two
Today 08:38 AM #123
THE BEAR
Insider
Join Date - Apr 2006
Posts - 4,183
Quote Originally Posted by Boweimer View Post
With the spec nature of ICR, IMO this is way to much practice. Just watching cars do nothing. I’ll tune in to qualifying but I think I’m done streaming practice.
Thank you for saying this....a couple thousand laps...and nothing.....the engines are rock solid; the cars are stuck to the track......each and every one of them
Quote Originally Posted by RTS7 View Post
It is hard to believe there are people who still think we should do an entire month of this.
It's a holdover....I suffer from it too. Yesterday afternoon I started to get quite bored. "Back in the day" there was a LOT more going on.
LOTS of cars trying to make the show. It was REALLY important to find speed or you went home and your dreams were crushed. Basically everyone out there the last two days will make the field.
Invention....the things people brought to the track attracted a crowd. Would it even fire up? Would it roll? Would the pieces fall off before it made a lap? Would the thing blow before four laps could even be run? People crowded around to see the minds of heroic mechanics do their thing. Astonished in many cases.
Tires. Offsets. Wings. Undercarriage. All wheel drive. Blown. Stock. Budget from a Credit Card over its limit. Guys bleeding in their hearts to make the show. It meant EVERYTHING.
It's different today. No need, really, to run the cars for more than a few days to trim them out consistent with the size of the pilots cajones. Not bad. Just different.
Spiked!
Yesterday 05:58 PM #91
Spike
There is no substitute.
Join Date - Aug 2002
Location - Driving the point home
Posts - 24,814

The crowd seems to be enjoying himself.
ouch. :llamaon
You fucking moron. I so hope your insurance gets cancelled and you die alone in your Obama shit stained underwear.

Chief

Post by Chief » Sat May 19, 2018 12:20 pm

Here bitches...here's the rundown on what the fuck may be going on out there today. maybe. :gomerboater

MoCartt

Post by MoCartt » Sat May 19, 2018 12:46 pm

Once again Mother Natures pisses on Indy.

Just went to TF to see what was up. Nothing.

Weepers for Indy.

They still have weepers? I know they have tiny d. Does he count?

:gomer

GiveMe4GoodOnes

Post by GiveMe4GoodOnes » Sat May 19, 2018 1:22 pm

Someone will grater themselves trying to beat the gun.

TroyM

Post by TroyM » Sat May 19, 2018 5:58 pm

Hahahahahahaba, bootlicker favorite and series regular James Hinchcliffe did not qualify.

Agador Spartacus

Post by Agador Spartacus » Sat May 19, 2018 6:03 pm

I tuned in that last hour. Wow-weeee!!!! The grandstands was all jammed! Reminded me of when I was there in 83. Where the fuck do they all park?

Indy is back, bitches!

728 Cable Donkey

Post by 728 Cable Donkey » Sun May 20, 2018 9:57 am

I laughed when the Mayor of Bumptown got bumped. Over at tf there are a couple of tards who admitted to crying over it.Too fucking funny if you ask me.

Chief

Post by Chief » Sun May 20, 2018 10:16 am

I suspect it was a made for TV moment? WTF is going on? What happened to the traditional shooting off of the track pistol at 6PM?

IF I'm not mistaken Hinch the Impaled came out of the car at 5:50PM because thats all the time Gomer Control said he had. Another tardition goNe?

Ya see, IF Hincher had that extra 10 minutes he'd be in. Prime Happy Hour qualifying time WASTED so they could fit it in an ESPN 3 (The Ocho) time slot. Trust me...the womans softball on ESPN, ESPN2, and the infomercials and reruns of Wheel of Fortune on ABC were moar impoortant than Indy qualifying. But alas, no one saw the faux drama.

OH the irony of this stupid Indy in 2018.

728 Cable Donkey

Post by 728 Cable Donkey » Sun May 20, 2018 11:34 am

I love seeing all the turd forumers upset over this new qualifying deal. Too funny. I guess traditions don't mean a thing anymore. Hinchcliffe only screwed himself if you ask me. The team should have known the time change of ending at 5:50 one would think. I think it was stupid accourse but stupid is in charge at the buttyard. :gomerboater :conkle

Fred Garvin

Post by Fred Garvin » Sun May 20, 2018 2:00 pm

Near total meltdown over at Turd Farm. Pure comedy watchin' the heads of Hulman loving gomer loyalists explode left and right. Even Johnny Tiny Hooter has got his tiny pitchfork out.

:Miles :smackerel
Fuck you Jim Wilke, you Alaskhole. Fuck you too Johnny hooter defender dicksipper Howard. ............. Look, up in the sky - it's a Dallaeroplane!

I luv chicken

Post by I luv chicken » Sun May 20, 2018 5:38 pm

Ed the sled got the shaker motor.
All 5000 people at the track are excited

Rex Karz

Post by Rex Karz » Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 pm

Gee and here I missed the hole fucking thing.
"So to everyone 45 to 65, thanks for destroying America."
Kal, July 16, 2013

gerhard911

Post by gerhard911 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:03 pm

Rex Karz wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 pm
Gee and here I missed the hole fucking thing.
I certainly did not 'miss' it.

I totally fuckin' ignored it!

:llamaon

Spicoli

Post by Spicoli » Sun May 20, 2018 10:50 pm

:monkeyfuck spatial ED GOT POLED.

GOMERIFIC!!!!
You fucking moron. I so hope your insurance gets cancelled and you die alone in your Obama shit stained underwear.

Chief

Post by Chief » Sun May 20, 2018 11:16 pm

Seeing as sportsa betting is now leagle in USA, I putting century note on Danicles and Spatial edD. Pimpski goes down and so does Andretti :gomer

EDIT: Screw everybody....there's only one CART driver that can still win it. I'm putting two C notes on Seabass to win/place/show. Maybe another on JuNQuiera too.

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy » Mon May 21, 2018 6:29 am

Hey, the Tarditional gun sounded at 5:50, jest lieks always doned.

I really doubt the fact that Doug Bowls stepson's head was on the chopping block had anything to do with it :gomerboater

The Major of Hunchtown will be crying in his balaclave when Gomer's song is sung. You can bet your commemorative Dan Welldone's white sun glasses on it.