IMS sold to Penske

My series sucks less than yours!
Spicoli

Re: IMS sold to Penske

Post by Spicoli » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Fuck them, all of them.
You fucking moron. I so hope your insurance gets cancelled and you die alone in your Obama shit stained underwear.

Biffy Malibu

Post by Biffy Malibu » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:52 pm

gerhard911

Post by gerhard911 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:41 am

aportinga

Post by aportinga » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:27 am

Gotta say I am surprised at how few posters at TF posted anything on Mauri's death and the Thankful to the Hulmans thread.

Clearly there is no longer a home for the likes of Defender, Paff and Co.

Which is nice :llamaon

The Utard

Post by The Utard » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:41 pm

Now if Penske could just buy Watkins Glen.

Spicoli

Post by Spicoli » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:51 pm

This is just pure Gomer stupidity: (but it is fucking awesome)

[quote]I think the first thing he's going to do is line up additional corporate partners. First, he'll nail down the third engine manufacturer, and possibly a fourth. The more manufacturers there are, the better the competition, the more it means to win, and the marketing increases exponentially without costing RP a dime. He'll also get a deal working for an endurance race with IMSA. I think that will happen quickly, especially since he directly mentioned it and the CEO of IMSA John Doonan's comments Monday also tell me that both sides are ready to make this happen and that RP and Doonan have probably discussed this before. They probably already know what they want to do and agree on it. They just have to make it happen.

Next, he'll go to work on the BY400 and come up with a plan to make it a better race and get attendance back in the right direction.

He'll then begin talking to F1 to see about a return. If it can be done, he'll get it done. If RP can't get that done, then F1 simply doesn't want to be here.

Next, he'll start looking at other entertainment possibilities. These are easy things like concerts and such. Doug Boles has already laid the groundwork for this. He'll have more clout in setting things up now, too, especially during the honeymoon period.

I think he'll also start the long game on getting Ford back. Ford's main reason for staying away is now gone. Get Ford back and BIG things happen with the Motown Rivalry back in town. It will be refreshing and energized because it has been really nonexistent in Nascar. It just isn't a thing down there like it used to be. With the Indy 500 as the crown jewel, it will be a thing again.

Third, I think he'll start thinking about capital improvements to the facility.

We list these things like priorities or as if they are in a particular order. The truth is, Roger does these kinds of big things at the same time, so putting them in an order is really not consistent with how he operates. My guess is that he's already gotten the ball rolling on every one of these things, even if just a conversation, for example, with Ford or F1. I'd bet he and Doonan have already laid out a pathway to an endurance race. I think their parallel remarks give that away.

As for Indy and Indycar, he's already had tremendous influence on the rules package, so I can't imagine he'd deviate far from those plans.[/quote]

Whare evers this mental midget went to Barber College, he should get his fucking mony back. Or at least he should go to a Dennys where they serve real food.

Fucking MORN :bunny :lol2 :walker :tinfoilhat :smackerel :monkeyfuck :drunks :drinky :drunk
You fucking moron. I so hope your insurance gets cancelled and you die alone in your Obama shit stained underwear.

Spicoli

Post by Spicoli » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:56 pm

fuck, drinking again and that didnt work now did it

Chief

Post by Chief » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:00 pm

Shucks, I figured Roger would just open the gates and mow the lawn.

I luv chicken

Post by I luv chicken » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:04 pm

I think that there’s something missing from this whole deal.
Would be appropriate to fence off an area either by the museum or in the snake pit, for a Hulman family plot.
No mausoleum, just in the ground, so that eternally, fans could pay their respects to Elmer, Mary H. Mari G. and the rest.
Appropriate respect would, of course, be in the eyes of the visitors. Two different lines. CART-ers, and the rest of the scum.
Merchandise stands could easily be set up, to make the place more presentable to the bottom line.
What better way to spend a few hours than chowing down on a turkey leg, while pissing on their graves?

Fred Garvin

Post by Fred Garvin » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:58 pm

Bury the entire Human-George clan, exspeshully Toeknee, in the infield so people can piss on their graves? Now that's a grate idea. I'd be all for it even though I really hate standing in long lines.

:conkle :conkle :conkle
Fuck you Jim Wilke, you Alaskhole. Fuck you too Johnny hooter defender dicksipper Howard. ............. Look, up in the sky - it's a Dallaeroplane!

Biffy Malibu

Post by Biffy Malibu » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:26 pm

I’d set up a tent the day before and camp out in line day after Thanksgiving Black Friday style for that shit.

I luv chicken

Post by I luv chicken » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:23 pm

Biffy Malibu wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:26 pm
I’d set up a tent the day before and camp out in line day after Thanksgiving Black Friday style for that shit.
Now that’s what Glamping should be for.

Spicoli

Post by Spicoli » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Heard the selling price last night from someone who would know.

1.2 range.

gerhard911

Post by gerhard911 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:52 pm

Spicoli wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:52 pm

1.2 range.
$1.20 ? :tony

$1,200 :farmer

$1.2M :cowboy3

$1.2B :crazy Pimpski must be :fuckin_nuts

Biffy Malibu

Post by Biffy Malibu » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:19 am

There's no way they got 1.2 billion. Not a chance.

Forbes lists the value of my beloved Cleveland Indians at 1.15 billion - and that is with $282 million a year in revenue. No way does the speedway get even close to that.

Spicoli

Post by Spicoli » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:02 pm

Biffy Malibu wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:19 am
There's no way they got 1.2 billion. Not a chance.

Forbes lists the value of my beloved Cleveland Indians at 1.15 billion - and that is with $282 million a year in revenue. No way does the speedway get even close to that.
Land, lots of land. intellectual property (yeah I know) but it has value. The series called IndyCar, all that other contract shit, yeah I can see it getting there.

1.2 billion

Now how its is structured, how much debt, etc could make the net a different #.

Think of the USA (IMS) gets taken over by a dumbass leader (Trump\FTG), even though fucker fucks it all up and runs it into the ground, there is still value once it gets back into a capable, sound person's hands.

Fuck, its worth what somebody will pay I guess. :drinky

Biffy Malibu

Post by Biffy Malibu » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:27 pm

MILES: “I’ve heard everything from quite low to ridiculously high, but I’m not going to give you a hint or say anything about the price. How’s this? Federal law says anything over $90 million has to be approved by the U.S. Justice Department, so there’s a number for you. At the end of the day it was worth what somebody was willing to pay for it

Agador Spartacus

Post by Agador Spartacus » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:58 am

My guess is it fetched $120,000. Assuming he came in with 20% down on a 30-year, it is not a bad deal. In a couple years, he will take out one of those reverse-mortgage thingys Magnum PI pimps on TV, and gussie the place up some.

Chief

Post by Chief » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:10 am

Spicoli wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:52 pm

1.2 range.
Did someone in the know know WTF possessed the Hulman's to do this? I mean, the economy is gonna turn around brotha-man, Sonax will someday challenge Turtle Wax again from the back of the van. There was no need to panic with the ca$h cow that is IMS.

Warm up the Bernie Madoff, there's new billionaire suckers born everyday. :tony

Spicoli

Post by Spicoli » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:23 am

Chief, this is cocktail hour chatter. Money counter guy from one of the teams is the source. I know the guy well, no reason for him to lie.

Said there was a play for the 'place' only, around 625. But family dint wanna go half in, half out, so its all or nothing, which this guy dint wanna do.

Penske is in his 80s, this is just an old man buying an overpriced toy. Don't give me any of this grand vision shit, he just wants to own it, and Tony owes him. Why the fuck not.

Spicoli

Post by Spicoli » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:26 am

I have no fucks to give here. FTG is put, and eating his own cor-filled turds in front of everyone. Cry all you want FTG and you piss-ant gomers, you couldn't get it done. Hundreds of millions later, and now we just might get back to sum kwalty racing, more races, less fucktardery, and no more fucking camp n brew.

Chief

Post by Chief » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:34 pm

I just have a hard time believing The Hulman clan, one year after Crypt Keeper kicks the bucket, walks away. It's not like they can do anything else.

Penske is penske...thats his deal. But Tony George, the greatest failure in Indy history, I can't believe he abandoned everything. That's unbelieveable...welcomed, but unbelievable.

Spicoli

Post by Spicoli » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:52 pm

Chief wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:34 pm
I just have a hard time believing The Hulman clan, one year after Crypt Keeper kicks the bucket, walks away. It's not like they can do anything else.

Penske is penske...thats his deal. But Tony George, the greatest failure in Indy history, I can't believe he abandoned everything. That's unbelieveable...welcomed, but unbelievable.
FailureTonyGeorge would have fucked up managing a McDonalds. I've met the guy, etc. Real charmer that one....socially as awkward as they come.

The BOD advised to sell, the family, which are the sole owners of the stock, agreed in unison. So, the party's over, and fuck them all. The kids are all going to be fine, money buckets every friday as long as they live. My guess is the calculation was/is "you loose money every year. you are not good at this. if you want to be able to sit around and do nothing the rest of your lives, like you have so far. this is the time to sell. We have a buyer.

Fambly: Um, uh, duh, um OK! :farmer :shakehead :conkle

Chief

Post by Chief » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:38 pm

Spicoli wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:52 pm
The BOD advised to sell, the family, which are the sole owners of the stock, agreed in unison. So, the party's over, and fuck them all. The kids are all going to be fine, money buckets every friday as long as they live. My guess is the calculation was/is "you loose money every year. you are not good at this. if you want to be able to sit around and do nothing the rest of your lives, like you have so far. this is the time to sell. We have a buyer.

Fambly: Um, uh, duh, um OK! :farmer :shakehead :conkle
Very succinct. What funkcing waste of 25 years....hey shoyuld a sold it as soon as Elmer'z spawn took control. Gl;ad he's sold all gomers down the road.

Hugh G. Rekshun
Large Member

Post by Hugh G. Rekshun » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:28 am

And, let's not mince words here. :cowboy3
We all know Rodger reads this forum, and Rog, I've got a freebie idea for you that can't miss.
Next May, invite Tony to the track for the opening day.
Tie a chain to a pace car and drag Tony around the track a couple of times. :jammin

This would be emblematic of the changes, a new broom sweeping clean, as it were.
BTW, film it in slow-mo with one of those fancy Red 4K cameras.

While you're at it, load "special" Ed Carpenter into a catapult and shoot his ass into the stands from, say, 100 feet out.
Deep down, it was what he really wanted.

:drummer
"You're often the overly emotional one of the group"